Can we add the /r/jailbreak Discord to the "How to get help" section of the main page, as well as the "How to get help" section of the wiki? I think that the Discord is an invaluable source for help (or it was for me, at least). -NZ9
I wish this could be made part of theiphonewiki, it isn't user oriented, just no one filled in the development stuff. --Geohot
- Sorry, geo. I'd like to keep this wiki out of the blazing glory of spam. Dustin Howett 04:22, 8 November 2009 (UTC)
- The navbox is automatically generated based on the framework categories. Look at the category/class transclusions on the framework pages. Dustin Howett (talk) 19:12, 24 July 2013 (PDT)
Main Page Changes
I feel like a few massive issues this wiki has at time of writing are:
- Very clearly outdated/unmaintained information, which makes the site look like a ghost town
- Very poor discoverability
So far, things I've started to do specifically on this page are:
- Trying to sprawl out "Overview of contents" as this is basically the "hub" of the entire wiki, and where discoverability sprawls out from. A smushed together one-line list per header is unreadable and it is very easy to miss items.
- Dropping outdated/difficult to maintain/entirely unmaintained sections elsewhere on the page, or updating them.
--Cynder (talk) 03:42, 7 July 2022 (UTC)
Going to start dropping links from the front page that aren't relevant as of >= iOS 14 (excluding the version change list that goes way back)
Cynder (talk) 09:01, 16 February 2023 (UTC)
Ideas for improving the organization of the wiki
"I just think the biggest challenge is to find a way to properly organize what can be found in all the iOS versions and what can't. Once we find a nice way to do that we can tackle the classes and then sort the open source projects in a similar way." "Just stating "randomMethod was implemented/deprecated in iOS X" might work for now." We could make a Changes in iOS 7 page.
"It would be ideal if we could somehow 'copy' Apple's docs. It would be handy to see things like a class' superclass right on the page, instead of going to the hierarchy tree page." "Could easily just add that manually - add a note to the top of the page in italics."