This page is for setting up Theos on an iOS Device. For other platforms see Theos/Setup.
- A jailbroken iOS device with Cydia (or another package manager) installed.
- Knowledge on how to use a command line terminal.
- Objective C knowledge.
- OpenSSH installed on your device and a computer that you can SSH into your device with (using MobileTerminal gets tedious pretty quickly).
Installing Theos and it's dependencies
- Add the following repositories to your Cydia sources.
- Install the following packages in Cydia:
- Check that Theos is installed on your device by running:
The output should be:
Setting up the iOS SDK
Navigate to https://sdks.website and check which iOS SDK you wish to download.
- Create a directory for the SDK to be placed in:
mkdir -p $THEOS/sdks
- Download the SDK temporarily and extract to the SDK directory:
curl -ksL "https://sdks.website/dl/iPhoneOSX.Y.sdk.tbz2" | tar -xj -C $THEOS/sdks
X.Y being the version numbers of the SDK, as seen in https://sdks.website/.
Additional Step for 64 bit (ARM64) Devices
With the current version of Theos (0.9.639-1), building on ARM64 will throw an error. The following will solve this issue.
- Create symlinks to support ARM64:
ln -s $THEOS/makefiles/platform/Darwin-arm.mk $THEOS/makefiles/platform/Darwin-arm64.mk ln -s $THEOS/makefiles/targets/Darwin-arm $THEOS/makefiles/targets/Darwin-arm64