This page contains instructions for installing Theos and preparing a new project.
- A UNIX-based operating system (Mac OS X, iOS (jailbroken), and most variants of Linux should do)
- subversion or git
- Some form of a toolchain or official SDK
- Access to a terminal emulator and some knowledge of how to use it
More detailed explanations of these requirements are given in the next section, and are dependent on the environment you use.
Setting Up Dependencies
For Mac OS X
Mac OS X comes with most of the necessary tools (subversion, curl, and perl) by default. You will still need compilation tools and the iOS SDK, and the easiest way to obtain both of these is by installing the official iOS SDK from Apple's web site. (You will have to register for a free developer account in order to download it.)
Newer versions of the iOS SDK do not come with support for iOS 3.x, which Theos currently works with exclusively. You will need to install a 3.x SDK component yourself.
To be written.
To be written.
- Open a terminal window (or, if using Theos directly on your iOS device, connect to your device using SSH and log in).
- Abandon all hope, because these instructions aren't finished!
Creating a Project
Theos lets you create new projects based on templates using the New Instance Creator (NIC).
If you need further assistance, or if you have other questions about Theos itself, feel free to connect to #theos on irc.saurik.com using your preferred IRC client.